Sunday, October 5, 2008

Football


Kentucky once again displayed an inept offense and solid defense in losing to the Alabama Phytoplankton 17-14.

I am really enjoying this season, despite the fact that watching Kentucky try to move the football is almost physically painful.

I was very impressed with the defense. They played great without their best player, Micah Johnson, and he's due back next week, as are both the Cobbs and Justin Jeffries.

I still have not given up on the offense, either. Mike Hartline looks terrible at times, but no he looks no worse than Andre Woodson when he was a sophomore- in fact I think Hartline looks better. If some receiver, any receiver (please!) steps up in addition to Lyons, and with Cobb back to provide occasional change-ups at QB, then the offense can start clicking.

I see no reason not to be optimistic that Kentucky can end it's 0 and 15 drought against Spurrier next week.

No comments: