Friday, August 22, 2008

Softball



When I set up my softball blog I included this picture. But since I scrapped the separate softball blog idea I decided to go ahead and share it.


Team Klump (that's us in the Metro Parks league) was eliminated from the tournament tonight. We were beaten badly. The other team was excellent, and 6 of our players were unavailable, all due to other softball commitments. I don't blame them. This team was originally in a Monday night league, and a lot of guys play in Friday leagues or go out of town for weekend tournaments. Plus the tournament started a full month after our league season ended. If I was playing elsewhere on Fridays I wouldn't have been available, either.

Other softball news:

The Yogis played two games at St. Helen's last night, winning one, losing the other. We trailed 10-1 after five innings and came back for an 11-10 victory in the first game. We were shellacked in the 2nd game.

We don't play again until next Thursday. I have 5 consecutive days without a softball game! It appears my season actually is winding down after all.

That's fine by me, except that I've had a really hot bat this week.

No comments: