Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Softball

Even before last week, I was getting a little burned out. I was more or less ready for this season to end.

I had every night free this year with no real obligations, so I thought, "Yeah, lots and lots of softball sounds fun!"

It was, and is, but I'm finding it a little more difficult to get excited about going to the ballfield now. It was easy in May and June.

The other day, I confessed to someone that I was getting a little tired of it after having played approximately 60 games so far this summer. He said "I guess you couldn't have been a professionaly baseball player, since they play 160 games a year."

My answer was "Yeah, but they don't spend 8-10 hours in an office every day before their games."


After last week's St. Martha tournament(s) fiasco, I was really quite ready for softball to start tapering off. Then I find that I have potentially 7 games in 4 nights this week. That's not tapering. Not at all.

Shucks, though, it's been fun so far. Last night, Yogis won our first fall league game 19-9 after getting behind by 6 early.

Tonight was the start of the parks leagues tournament for all the teams who finished first or second in the various parks leagues. We won two games, both after falling behind by fairly substantial amounts.

All that's left this week is a doubleheader with the Yogis tomorrow, and potentially two games in the parks tournament Friday.

No comments: