Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sandbagging...

Thank you for impugning my integrity, Brian, but no, I will not sandbag.

I will play my best Sunday, no matter who my teammates are. Unfortunately, my best is just not good at all.

Last August, my team won the scramble and I was our 'A' player. I really carried the team, too. Off the tee, I was down the middle and a modest but consistent 230 yards, and my approach shots were almost all on the green, and often darts to the pin.

This year, I'm spraying weak 190-yard drives and missing greens from every distance.

Jim, Ron, and Billy have played with me recently and know I stink, but everyone else assumes I'm a good golfer. They think I'm lying, which is kind of stupid because they all know me well and should know I'm not the type of person to sandbag in any scramble, let alone a little five-team scramble with about $20 per player on the line for first place.

I'll turn it around soon, though (which is the same thought I've had since April).

No comments: