Wednesday, July 23, 2008

update

In my last post I mentioned that we needed to win tonight and next Wednesday to finish first in the league, so I figured I should post tonight's result.

We won 24-2.

That about says it all, so I won't bother to give a recap.

We play the same team next week- we play them twice in a row because next week is making up for a rain-out.

I suppose I like our chances, since we handled them fine tonight, but I'll share two facts that serve to keep me from being overconfident.

1) The team we rolled over tonight, and play next week, has defeated both the 2nd and 3rd place teams already this season. So they can play better.

2) One week last year we beat the best team in either St. Martha league on Tuesday night, then turned around and lost the next night to a team that hadn't won a game in two years.

Anything can happen. But I still like our chances.

No comments: