Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Guess what? Softball again

No softball Thursday through Monday, so I promise I'll post something different one of those days.

We stayed on our winning streak with a solid victory.

The field was rock-hard tonight. First time all year for that, and it will help us tremendously. We're a weak hitting and good fielding team, so the tougher the infield the better.

I booted one grounder tonight, but I stand by the above statement. I don't mind missing a ball that bounces off my belly or chest.

And a hard field definitely helps my hitting. I bounced a grounder off the 2nd baseman's chin. I always enjoy that. I (and all the other 'old guys') spend a lot of time telling teammates that if we hit hard grounders, good things will happen. Untimely rain had kept that from being true so far this year, but tonight the field conditions helped a lot.

No comments: