Monday, June 30, 2008

Yet more softball

Yep. A lot of softball posts. I'm nearing the end of a stretch of 10 games in 10 days, so that's what I've been doing.

I'm a little surprised I'm not tired of it yet.

I must not be too exhausted. My Monday night team (average age: 25ish) batted me (average age: 36.98) leadoff again. I assume it was because of my blazing speed. I went 3 for 4, including one neat inning during which I singled, tagged to second base on a flyout to left center, and scored on a ground ball which the shortstop booted.

Yessiree. Blazing speed.

I hit much better on Mondays than I do the rest of the week. It would be nice to figure out why.

My best theory actually is that it's because I'm batting leadoff. Maybe I'll start hitting better if I approach every at bat as if I am the first batter of the game.

No comments: