Saturday, June 28, 2008

Softball again

Darn. No trophy, no prize money, no endorsement deals with Nike. We're not going to Disney World.

As usual when we lose, we just didn't hit at all today. Our defense was fine.

We won our noon game. I think the score was 15-9 or so.

After a two-hour wait, we lost the winner's bracket final in extra innings. I made a big throwing error in the 7th that gave them the tying run and might have cost us the game. Immediately following the game I was sure the loss was my fault, but when I gained some perspective I realized they had a good shot at tying it that inning anyway, and also that we only scored 6 runs in 8 innings, which is definitely the main reason we lost.

Then we lost 9-3 to the team we demolished last night. Again, three runs isn't going to win anything.

I stuck around and watched the firt game of the finals. The loser's bracket champion won that game so they were preparing to play the last game, but I was tired, sore, and hungry, so I left. 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. was long enough to be at the ball park.

Overall, it was disappointing. But we got four games in, which is enough to say we got our money's worth. And the tournament champion will turn out to be either the team we beat Friday night or the team we took to extra innings, so we did okay.

No comments: