Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In local sports news...

First, my apologies to Senator Clinton: Hillary, I know you are eagerly awaiting my advice, but it's 11:30 at night and I don't have time right now. I'll send you an email this weekend and let you know what you should do, and post it on this blog for posterity.

On to the important stuff. The Yogis got a huge win tonight against Jock's, our main rival in the Tuesday night league. We're now 4-0 in the league, to offset our so-far weather-abbreviated 0-1 on Wednesdays.

I'm giving this news on my blog because I've decided two blogs is too much. I set up the shell of a really cool Yogis blog, with a neat layout and cool pictures and everything, but I think there's at least a 75% chance I'll never post a thing on it. I'm keeping it though, just in case.

In other news, a Gannett reporter interviewed me for several minutes right outside the polls. ( I first wrote "Poles." I thought about keeping it that way so readers would wonder wonder why I was so far from Kentucky today.) Since Gannett probably interviewed fewer than 14,000 Kentuckians and Oregonians, I'm sure you'll find my comments prominently featured in USA Today tomorrow.

I bet you can't wait.

Finally, an appeal. I was listening to some REM on my computer at work today. I forgot how much I liked them and I would love to hear more, but due to circumstances which are amazingly and pathetically beyond my control, all the REM discs I used to listen to in my car are no longer available. If anyone has any that I can burn or which they can burn for me, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I've never owned any REM...but if I come across any, I'll let you know.