Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a comment on a comment

You've got it exactly right, Brian. That's the thing that struck me about Melissa Block's reporting. I don't have any idea what Anderson Cooper's doing these days because I don't have cable, but I can imagine him on t.v. crying his eyes out and talking about how awful it is, but not really adding anything to the story. And he'd stop some guy hauling a wheelbarrow with an injured child and ask him how he was doing.

"Um. Not good. Thanks for asking."

1 comment:

Brian said...

when I was driving home today, I caught a report from China by Melissa Block. She was with a family whose children's bodies had just been found. I could tell by her voice she was crying, but she still remained professional and reported the scene...not the way it felt to her. Very well done.