Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More Monies...


Good news!

I have uncovered an exception to my self-imposed ban on the word 'monies."

The judge's decision reads as follows:

If, and only if, you find yourself on stage in a karaoke bar, and if, and only if, you are a male attempting to serenade a plurality of females at the same time, and if, and only if, you demonstrate all due respect to AC/DC, then it is acceptable, in order to maintain an ideal rhyme scheme, to adopt the following lyric:

"What do you do for monies, honies?"

I have attempted to get the ruling extended to include all gender combinations instead of just males singing to females.

Don't hold your breath on that one, though. The judge is from Alabama.


Happy Karaoking!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Acception? Is that a real word?

I was editing a letter at work a couple of weeks ago and pounced on this word: Exceedence. "That's pretty stupid," I thought, and changed it to "excess." The guy who wrote the letter changed it back. So I looked it up, and sure enough, it's a daggone word.

Kevin said...

A special thank you to my wise elder brother for pointing out the danger inherent in a grammar vigilante's life.