Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No one has chosen to tattoo their self with any of my creations, at least not as far as I know, so my goings on are not as interesting as Mark's. I'll make do with a brief update anyway.
Started fall league tonight with a loss. After our game last night I said I would only be in the lineup in this St. Helen's league when we needed me to have enough players. But we had enough without me and I batted anyway. And now I've pretty much decided I need to be on the field. What the heck, it's only 5 weeks. I'll have all winter to stop hurting.
It's more painful to watch other people try to play my position than it is to play it myself.

I have a week's vacation coming soon. I scheduled a physical therapy appointment for the 1st day of vacaction, and I expect I might try and have two more during my time off. I'm hoping to learn some strengthening exercises for whatever might be strengthened around my knee that could help. I also have a quad strain that needs to be healed so that I can get on my exercise bike, since cycling is supposedly good for my knee but I can't really do it right now.

Our annual pool party/golf scramble weekend was fun, though I spent most of my time losing at cornhole and then losing at golf.

Billy and I are playing in St. Martha's fall cornhole league. It starts in a couple of weeks. Should be fun. Playing with a firefighter means I'll need to find a sub a third of the time, though. I might call my younger brother at times- at least on weeks that don't conflict with whatever he has going on in September. I can't think of anything he's doing that month, though.

_________________________________________________
I've finally made a good dent in "The Satanic Verses." Wanted to read it for years, received it as a gift many months ago, and started it several times. I finally got into it. It's pretty good- seems sort of like an English/Indian, post-colonial, Thatcher-era "One Hundred Years of Solitude," except not as good.
'Not as good' sound like an insult, but I don't intend it as such. It's very good, but very few books are as good as "One Hundred Years of Solitude."

_____________________________________________________
Until recently I was watching a lot of "30 Rock" on DVD. I bought 4 seasons- a couple at used stores, a couple at Blockbuster's closeout sale, and I was breezing through them very quickly. Very, very funny, and I didn't realize until I started on the DVDs that there were a lot of episodes I hadn't seen.
But since I haven't been on my bike I haven't been watching much of anything.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I just realized that I haven't actually thanked you for my birthday gift!!! Thank you very much, Kevin! I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but I'm eager to do that.

Mark said...

...your mention of the "30 Rock" DVDs reminded me.