Sunday, July 31, 2011

Miscellaneous

I can't find anything I really want to read. I'm struggling through 2 or 3 books at the same time right now. None are really capturing my attention. The lack of a great read would not bother me so much if it wasn't 200 degrees* outside every day. I want to stay in and read a good book.
____________________________________

Softball
Sunday team won two today. Combined score 29-1, if memory serves. After a lousy season that's a good way to go into the league tournament.
Monday we won against a very good team, and we won our first tournament game Wednesday, so it was a good week.
I'm not so sure it was a good week for me personally, though. I can't quite tell yet, but I'm unsure whether or not I made it out of my 40th B-day month without a serious injury. Tuesday morning after my game I had some mild knee pain. Wednesday morning it was worse. I played Wednesday night and I believe it got worse.
Trying to describe the injury is difficult. I can run some with no pain, I can sometimes move left or right with no pain, but missteps or any odd direction change sometimes leads to incredibly sharp pain, like I've been stabbed or shocked in my knee. It goes away quickly, and there's no swelling, but when it hurts it hurts like heck.
Right now, it's scaring me a lot more than it's hurting me. It's such a sharp pain when it hurts that I feel like there's something seriously wrong. But then it goes away quickly. But then it hurts really badly again, and goes away quickly again.
If there was major swelling or something it would be a lot easier to figure out.

I've decided I definitely need to get it checked out, and tomorrow I plan to schedule something, but I also think I'll keep playing (in tournament games, anyway) until either I get it checked or until it hurts worse.
__________________________________________
Round 4 of the year: Nevel Meade w/Brian Saturday, 93. I hit like a sissy- partially because that's the way I swing, and partially because I was afraid of my injury. But I chipped and putted okay and my irons were reasonably on-target.
___________________________________________
For Mark's birthday I bought him a season of a show I'm almost certain he hasn't watched. I was very happy with the purchase and thought he'll love it, but it's now 1 hour to August and I still haven't given it to him. Therefore, his birthday season is stretching into the next month, so I'll boo myself on lack of timely gift delivery. But I watched a couple of episodes since I've had it, so that's some consolation to myself.

*Author error. The high temperature this year is actually only 174 degrees. - Ed.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I hope your knee pain turns out to be good. For example: "Well, we've found out why your knee hurts. You have about two ounces of platinum imbedded there. It will cost you a $100 copay to extract it, but you'll be able to re-sell it for about $4000. Congratulations."

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Let us know what you find out about your knee. I'll call you.