Saturday, May 15, 2010

I put Super Saver on top of my trifecta. I had to. My Derby handicapping ended up with three horses on top- Super Saver, Lookin At Lucky, and Awesome Act. And so of course when I had to toss one to fit my budget, I tossed Super Saver. But I thought even before Derby that he looked like a great Preakness horse.

Then 20 seconds before the race the on-track announcer (Barton?) said Lookin At Lucky appeared healthy and strong, and Super Saver has lost weight since the Derby.
I wish she'd told me that an hour earlier.
_________________________________

While out for a walk with the family on Mother's Day, we spotted Bigfoot. I gave him some beef jerky.





Here's what a gorilla thought of my Derby bet. The Preakness bet was about the same.





Jill cooperated with a nice smile as she stalked the peacock, but the darned bird wouldn't stop to pose.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

I'm with you. When she said Super Saver had lost weight since the Derby I thought "Uh-Oh". I sure wish I'd know that earlier, too.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

The picture of Jill is Waaaaaay cuter than the picture of the gorilla.