Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UK/UofL Prediction Time

I'd actually prefer to put this off until Friday night, but I want to make sure my legions (6) of loyal readers have time to benefit from my profound knowledge and get to their bookies.

Wildcats: 27
Dirty Birds: 16

So with the betting line hovering at UK-13 it might be too close to bet the bank. I don't know the over/under but I'd imagine that my pick is also right on the line.

I think UK has a definite edge on both the offensive and defensive lines. I prefer our linebackers, too. Special teams are a toss-up. Even with Lindley, the defensive backfields are pretty much a toss-up. The offensive skill positions are still largely question marks, except Victor Anderson is a known stud for Louisville.

Still, I saw enough out of UK's QB and receivers to know they will not cause a defeat, and Anderson will face a tough challenge from UK's defense. The difference-maker will be control of the lines. UK wins.

As to how the game will progress, I'm guessing uglily. Is that a word?

Both head coaches have shown a tendency to start conservatively and feel the other team out before taking chances. I'd therefore expect little scoring for the first 20+ minutes. By then UK will probably have established field position advantage, plus perhaps a big play or two- either by the defense or by breaking a long gain from Cobb, Smith, or Locke.

Then the rest of the game will be controlled by the Cats. It won't be extreme domination but it will be definite.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot the big rumor of the day. Jon Gruden was spotted leaving Tom Jurich's office. Cards fans are excited.

No comments: