Friday, September 25, 2009

I had a very boring week. It was great!

I'm sure I'll miss softball by sometime around New Year's, but right now it was terrific to have no games. I tentatively planned to stay home every night this week. I didn't quite manage it, but that's okay; I had a good time at Joe's Wednesday night with Brian.

Since I did a glorious lot of nothing this week, I thought I'd post about tomorrow's massacre- I mean the UK/Florida game. However, after reading the Kentuckysportsradio blog (on my link list for quite some time now) I realized I have nothing to top it. So I recommend checking it out. The Florida game-related posts are all terrific. I think my favorite was "(Florida women)... are looser than Charlie Weis’s bathrobe on a Chinese gymnast," but there is lots of quality humor.

Since that site's wonderful bloggers have done my football work for me, I'll spend the rest of this evening reading. Then tomorrow I'll be a bit more active. Not sure what I'll be doing, exactly. The weather will be a factor, but I have a balloon festival next door, plenty of college football, and UK (and even UofL) playing tomorrow night. Plus Johnny Meyer's 2nd birthday party.

Oh, I almost forgot my game prediction: 45-13 Florida. It will be closer than that most of the game, but by that I mean Florida will be up by 17 or 20 very early and then the game will be close the rest of the way. I (like Dad) think Kentucky will probably play better. But the result will still be ugly.

I sure wish the Cats had a bye week after Alabama, rather than the 2nd week of the season.

And one more thing. Kentucky is 3 and 8 all-time against #1 ranked teams. Who wouldn't take that record?

No comments: