Sunday, June 21, 2009

Koi

My alarm sounded and I stumbled to the bathroom, still not even close to fully awake. I reached past the curtain and turned the shower water on, let it run for a bit, and then stepped in.

My eyes were still not open- I was miserably tired. I found the soap and shampoo with my eyes closed, by memory. I stood under the water and washed but still was not waking up, which surprised me. Normally the shower pops me right to wakefulness.

And as I stood there with my eyes closed, and even though I still felt very, very sleepy, I was incredibly aggravated by the fish that kept swimming into my legs. Every few seconds I felt them bump or brush against me. I cursed the koi but stood there a while longer, then I shifted my feet a little, stepped on another koi and nearly fell, and felt even more aggrieved.

Then I woke up again, this time for real.

So, dream translators, what does it mean if you dream your bathtub is a koi pond?

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Hmmm....Kevin has a dream about a Koi pond, Brian dreams a terror dream, and I dreamed last night about sky diving. I mean way up high sky diving where you free fall for a long time. And it scared me so bad I was trembling. To me, it means I was sleeping pretty good.

Anonymous said...

Well they same dreams come in REM sleep, which is the good sleep. Night terrors come from another place. Not a peaceful place of sleep.
Who knows.
QMM

Brian said...

I often find myself in the shower half asleep and I find I have the strangest, non-sensical thoughts before the water does the job of waking me.