Friday, June 12, 2009

Last night, after spending all day thinking how nice it was to have three full days off from softball, I got a call to sub tonight. I would very much have liked to rest but I couldn't pass it up.

It was fun, and painful. We won 29-19. I was 2 for 4 with two walks, so that was okay.
I only got two balls hit my way on defense. The first was a rocket that I think I would have knocked down but it hit the bag and bounced 15 feet over my head. The second was a one-hopper that I played perfectly-for a third baseman. It just about broke my shin, then I picked it up, stepped on the bag, and almost turned a nifty third-to-first double play. The batter beat it by a step. I was a little surprised he got down the line so fast because he was about six foot eight inches tall and weighed about 320- which I guess explains why it hurt so much when his line drive hit me.

I like hanging out there on Friday nights- there's a large crowd, good softball, and phenomenal men's volleyball. But I left fairly quickly to go home and ice my leg. Ouch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh hope the leg is well soon.
QMM