Wednesday, February 11, 2009

non-sports:
Hmmmm... it occurred to me that what bothered me most about that kidnapping story is that the 'resolution' is quite a good analogy for what I hate most about our two-party political system.

There were only two choices presented, A and B. When A was proven wrong, B was immediately accepted as correct.

That happens all the time in politics, and it drives me nuts. We are given A or B only, when it seems to me the possible correct answers are actually
A
B
A and B
A, B, and Other
A and Other
B and Other
Other

Then again, when I consider the mess in Israel two parties doesn't seem so bad.

sports:
I'm one of the Big Blue minority who harbored no ill-will toward Rick Pitino for going to Louisville.
Lately, though, he's really getting on my nerves.
First he says he'd have kicked Liggins off his team for refusing to enter a game. That's pretty big talk after the Derreck Caracter saga.
Now he's ridiculing the SEC as not as tough as the Big East, since SEC refs ejected a Florida player for 'accidentally' stepping on Perry Stevens. Ricky must not have been watching the same replays I was... or perhaps he and Patty Swope were otherwise engaged so he only had one eye on the television.

1 comment:

Brian said...

couldn't have said it better myself about Pitino. I will play psychologist and say he is still upset he left Kentucky and is trying to make himself feel better by bad mouthing them. Nice about Swope!