Friday, February 6, 2009

Best pizza in the universe

It's been a lousy week. I was sick a couple of days, work is dreadful, and I have to work tomorrow, too. The ice is getting on my nerves. UK's basketball team is not doing much to vicariously ease my suffering.

So when I left work today I called Impellizeri's for a carryout pizza. I figured it was guaranteed to lift my spirits. And empty my wallet, and bloat my belly, but still...

I just finished eating (for now) and checked the blogs, and decided the pizza is worth a post. I hadn't had it in a few years and I'd forgotten.

There's definitely no mystery as to why Impellizeri's has been so successful. Even with the astronomical prices, I'm always satisfied. There's no contest as far as taste, nothing else in town even comes close. And my small pizza and breadsticks might have cost a lot, but I'll be eating it all the way through Sunday night and enjoying every bit.

I sat at the bar and had a beer (which also helped brighten the week) while waiting for my order. While waiting I chatted with Benny Impellizeri and he was, as usual, as nice as could be. I think it's always a good sign when the proprietor genuinely likes being there and likes knowing his patrons enjoy it.

Also, he said they aren't too crowded for the weeknight baskteball games, so I'm going to nominate Impellizeri's as a game-viewing location soon, Brian. Not too soon, though, because I have enough leftovers now to be stuffed for awhile.

I guess that's it. I have to end the post because I think I've decided I might have room for one more slice.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

I haven't had Impellizeri's for several years. Mary Lynn and I will have to go there one night soon.

Brian said...

In the whole Universe? I heard of an awesome little place on the other side of the Milky Way galaxy, but they don't deliver over here.