Thursday, December 18, 2008

Youtube videos/ Creation of the Universe

When I put up the Steve Martin video (very funny) I was fascinated by the two companion videos that the keywords pulled up. I watched video #2 and still can't figure out what the heck it was.
But that one still makes more sense than video #3. Merry Christmas, Brian! I should just pretend I posted it as a gift to you. In fact, it's much funnier than the Steve Martin thing. I should just dump that one.

While watching that video I gave some more thought to the whole idea of creationism. I then decided that the universe is in fact about 37 1/2 years old. It sprung into existence at the same time as me.

Oh sure, you might come up with so-called 'witnesses' who claim to be older than me and who saw the world more than 37 1/2 years ago. Such scoffers claim there are even books, movies, art work, and architectural structures that were created more than 37 1/2 years ago. But all this supposed 'evidence' is simply the devil's work; traps to trick the non-believers, false memories to trick the unwary.

That 1963 penny I found the other day? Planted by God.
Why?
Ours is not to wonder why. But perhaps He was just trying to make me feel more at home. He was worried that if the world looked too new, I'd be afraid to scuff it up.


2 comments:

Mark said...

Now that I think about it, I can't remember anything pre-Kevin, either. Hmm.

Brian said...

good ol' Kent. I have watched many videos of his. One made me laugh so hard I blew milk out my nose and it created a small civilization. Now THAT'S creationism!