Sunday, November 23, 2008

Golf & other

1) Since I hyped it to Brian on the way home from the golf course, and I'm watching an episode from the NBC site now while I type this, and I also really, really don't want the series canceled because I enjoy it tremendously, I want to recommend the NBC series "Life" to anyone who reads this. It's great. It's on Wednesday nights and I think you can enjoy it without watching previous episodes, but if you want to catch up first, most of season one is on-line.

2) Golf. We did okay. I was our D. It's been a long time since I was a D player. I think I did a good job. I gave a good read on the first putts, I made a few decent-length putts, and I provided a few nice safety shots. But I still stink.
We were twelve under. We could definitely have played better. Nobody played really well. Our three excellent golfers- Brian, Jim, and Monty- could each have played better, but they played okay. Sixteen under won it.

****8:30 pm. Okay. 18 under, according to Brian. I have no reason to doubt him. Even though he's a godless atheist. Which reminds me of this: In high school, I once lost grammar points on an essay because I purposefully used a small 'g' in the word "god." I resented it terribly, because I intentionally phrased the term so that "god" was appropriate- I avoided using it as a proper noun. I think I said something like "...their god." Afterward, I argued the point vehemently. I believe all I achieved was a lower grade on later papers.

3 comments:

Brian said...

54 won it...-18

Unknown said...

That's what you get when you argue with the Man... or shriveled up old women who sit on dictionaries to see over their desks.

Brian said...

you lose points for being redundant..."godless atheist"? From an atheist's perspective, isn't everyone godless?