Saturday, November 29, 2008

Almost made it

I heard most of the second half. I think I fell asleep with about 8 minutes left.

Apparently, Kansas State made quite a run. I'm glad I slept through it, because I think I can envision how it happened: turnover, K-State layup, turnover, K-State 3-pointer, missed shot, K-State short jumper, turnover, etc...

If Liggins sees the court tonight, I'll be very disappointed. I don't know all the details, of course, so I can't suggest any more discipline than that. But at the very least, a player who refuses to enter a game should be benched for at least the next game.

It's not like it will matter. How much worse can the ballhandling get?
--------------------------
On to the important stuff...
Seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about UK's chances at Tennessee. I guess a 23 game losing streak can do that. Plus the fighting Bluetick Coonhounds whipped Vandy last week, a week after Vandy whipped the Wildcats.

I refuse to be pessimistic, so here's my positive spin. Neither team has put 2 decent games in a row together. Tennessee played their best game last week and so the trend shows a bounce is likely.
Kentucky is also coming off a bye week.
Here's how they've faired in their most recent games with more than a week to prepare:
2008 Beat WKU 41-3
2007 Beat Florida State 35-28
2007 Beat LSU 43-37
2006 Beat Clemson 28-20
2006 Beat Mississippi State 34-31

I guess I could also factor in the Louisville game this year- that was a long bye, after all- 8 months. And the opening day win over EKU last year would count that way, too. So that's a pretty long winning streak. And some impressive wins.

No comments: