Thursday, October 2, 2008

Game prediction

I've been very optimistic this football season. I want to stay that way, and I'd really like to predict a Wildcat victory Saturday.

But I just don't see it happening.



I still believe Kentucky has a shot. Last Friday I predicted that Alabama would beat Georgia, but Kentucky could beat Alabama. And it's true. They could. But they won't.

Alabama is now overrated at #2. But they're quite good.

Kentucky's defense will hold up fine. And by the end of the season the offense will be clicking along nicely. In fact, I expect some Kentucky fans will be suprised by how well the offense moves the ball Saturday. But it's not going to improve so quickly as to pull out a road win at Alabama.

And a side note...since the other night when I visited that Alabama fan forum, I've really had the itch to go back to it, sign up, and start posting comments with a screen name of "BarackAbama." I think it would go over really well, since the non-football comments I saw made Kentuckians look like Arthur Schlesinger or Noam Chomsky by comparison.

No comments: