Monday, October 20, 2008

Florida -24

I apologize for temporarily turning this into a UK football blog.

My days have lately followed a fairly consistent, non-post-worthy rut:
6:00-7:00 prepare for the day and travel
7:00-4:30 work and travel
4:30-6:00 eat and vegetate
8:00-10:00 t.v., exercise bike, read, watch television, mess around on computer.

That gap from 6 o'clock to 8 o'clock could theoretically contain some interesting stuff, but mostly it's just dishwashing, laundry, and trips to Target and Kroger and bookstores, and whatnot.

Interestingly (to me, anyway), I don't think I'll be nearly as tempted to write about Kentucky basketball. For quite a few years now, I've found the struggles of the football team much more riveting than the successful basketball team.

I blame Rick Pitino for my slighly dwindled enthusiasm. The constant 20-point victories during the Pitino Era were frankly a little boring. I seldom have that problem with the football team.

Oops, I almost forgot...
About Florida and the current 24-point spread: I can't quibble. Florida looks awfully tough, Kentucky's offense is anemic, and they are hobbled by numerous injuries to the exact players they can't afford to lose. But I can not ever recall seeing a team listed as a 24-point underdog seven games into a season in which they haven't allowed more than 24 points in any game.

No comments: