Friday, October 3, 2008

1 of 3

"She's awful" isn't much of a critique, so I'll expound.

I admit I am predisposed to dislike any candidate who thinks creationism should be taught in a science class. That's just plain stupid, so I don't feel any need to elaborate.

Despite the fairly positive media reviews, though, I still feel my assessment of "awful" was arrived at fairly objectively.

I gave Palin fairly positive marks for aggressiveness and for sticking well to talking points she believed worked for her. I believe, however, that she probably only impressed those who were likely to vote for her already.

She stuck doggedly to her script, and when forced to leave it at all she looked like a deer in headlights. She showed adequate command of a narrow range of issues, and on the rest she either relied entirely on notes-if she had notes for that particular topic, or floundered like a fish out of water.

Nice. Two animal metaphors in the same paragraph.

No comments: