Monday, August 4, 2008

Scramble dilemma

I'm in charge of assigning teams for our Yogis golf scramble (which is Sunday, in case any paparazzi want to turn up).

I believe I have a good idea of everyone's capabilities and can make the teams fair, but my dilemma is that almost everyone there is under the mistaken impression that I'm a good golfer.

If I make the teams fair, some will assume that I've loaded up my own team, when in fact what I've done is weighed down some good players with dead weight (me).

I've been a pretty good golfer at times in the past, but I really, really stink right now.

So I've come up with a plan. I'm going to put myself where I truly belong. According to my reasonably firm rough draft, I'll be the 'C' golfer on the team with the best 'A".

Someone is certain to complain. So what I'm going to do is switch myself onto the team of the first person who raises an objection.

Ha! That'll learn 'em!

1 comment:

Brian said...

are you going to sand bag it?