Saturday, July 26, 2008

Excitement on a Saturday night!

Apparently, NBC.com has decided my "Heroes" addiction needed an intervention.

Three episodes on Friday was not enough for me, I guess, so this evening I got on the computer to watch another.

But when I got to the proper page and tried to load the next episode, the video wasn't available. Nor were any other episodes of the show. Out of curiosity, I checked some other programs (The Office and Earl), and they are available. So I think NBC was just watching out for me and making sure I don't sit in front of the screen all night.

Thanks!

So I went to plan B, which was pretty nice.

I put two beers and a bottle of water in a little cooler, grabbed a miniature radio, and went to the shag field at Seneca Park. I spent a pleasant hour and 1/2 hitting golf balls while sipping beer and listening to NPR.

I was very glad I brought the water, too, because though the temperature's not too bad it was awfully muggy out.

That was the 2nd time this month that I've been there with a cooler and radio. While there the first time, 2 people told me it was a great idea. Tonight, 3 more did so.

By this time next month, I fully expect everyone who hits balls at Seneca to routinely bring those luxuries.

I'm such a trend-setter.

No comments: