Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Softball news

After two games tonight we're 3-0 in the Tuesday night league. I like our team. We have a good lineup and good depth. I've stunk hitting so far, but it's early and I'm rusty. I hit the ball solidly tonight, anyway.

We were rained out last Wednesday. Looks like rain again tomorrow. But we've been good on Tuesdays.

Also, I'm playing in a Monday night league at Highview with some very young guys. They seem like a pretty good group and I'll enjoy it, but it's a little weird being the old guy. There's one other guy who's 34, and the rest of the team averages about 25 years old. I feel like Grandpa Jones (What's for supper, Grandpa!). It's odd. I don't feel old, by any means, but when I started playing with the Yogis most of those guys were still playing little league.

No comments: