Sunday, May 11, 2008

The End of Days


After listening to a “This American Life” podcast which dealt with apocalyptic beliefs, I thought it would be interesting to learn more. I was not disappointed.

My most important find is a web page that has instantly become one of my all-time favorites. It is http://www.raptureready.com/rap2.html, The Rapture Index. I plan to check it every day so that if the Rapture comes I won’t miss it.

I don’t want to alarm you, but things are looking pretty grim at the moment because:

-In Beast Government news, “The EU pens a new treaty.”
-The plague signs are climbing because “A new drug-resistant strain staff has been linked to sexually-active gay men.”
-And various weather-related crap appears to be going on. As you know, it’s always a sign of End Times if it isn’t 70 degrees and sunny the world over.

It isn’t all bad news, though. France’s new conservative leader lowered the index somewhat.

I found the comment, “Record cold temps put the freeze on global warming hype” in the climate category to be frankly puzzling. It certainly gives me a clue as to the writer’s political leaning, but I’m in the dark as to whether a lack of global warming would bring believers nearer to God or not.

No comments: