Saturday, May 3, 2008

2008 Derby

I tried a different approach to handicapping the Derby this year. I made a spreadsheet and predicted the order for all 20 horses every two furlongs. I guess I did okay since I picked the winner on my handicapping. But I didn't actually place a win bet on Big Brown. I preferred Colonel John, though I did not bet on him either. I hit the Oaks/Derby Double but it didn't pay a lot, and my actual win bet was on Gayego since his odds were so long.

Anyway, it was a good day overall because I had a good time with my family, ate lots of food, and ended up a whopping $3.00 ahead for the day.

Thank you Twinspires.com and horsemen for not working out your differences, because otherwise I'm sure I would have given you a fair amount of money.

Based on the results of this handicapping try, it looks as if I better not try any exotic wagers. I would have needed to box 17 horses before I hit the trifecta.

1 comment:

Brian said...

You got 3 right...not too bad.