Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I suppose my previous post about a gay race horse might offend someone - although since I only have about six readers, I assume it can't do too much damage.

I just thought it was a funny topic, mostly because as I flipped through my radio dial yesterday afternoon I heard it being discussed rather seriously on three different stations.

I admit that I personally waste way too many brain cells on trivial things. For instance, I probably shouldn't know how many homeruns George Foster hit in 1977. But I guess the talk radio topics I was hearing yesterday just got under my skin a little. My two posts yesterday were a result.

I can not figure out why a church minister is playing such a big role in a presidential election. I mean if Obama is anything like the majority of Americans, the reason he did not know Wright said those things in the pulpit is that he (Obama)probably either slept in and missed the service those days, or he took a little nap in church.

And if they sat down and had a frank and honest exchange of ideas and beliefs with their minister, most people I know would disagree vehemently with said minister on a host of subjects. But that wouldn't stop them from attending church again the next week, unless they were a Godless heathen like me to begin with.

I just can't understand why the media insist on pretending that Rev. Wright is important because he can shed light on what Obama believes.

I have an idea. It's a much better source of information about Obama's beliefs. Obama!

Anyway, after listening to that 'news' for a while I got sick of it and turned on a sports station, hoping to hear discussion about the 2008 Derby, or major league baseball, or the NFL draft, or even the NBA (okay, just kidding on that last one). Instead I got an intense debate concerning the social ramifications of a possibly gay horse.

No comments: